Using Dropbox as your Personal Recipe Box
There are tons of recipe and cooking applications, but how do you keep all of your recipes from various sources together? My favorite way is Dropbox. We have already talked about using Dropbox as a backup, installing Dropbox, and sharing folders on Dropbox. Let’s take that a step further into the kitchen!
By creating a folder on your dropbox for recipes, you can consolidate recipes, share them, and view them on your ipad / iphone while at the grocery store, or in the kitchen.
Creating Dropbox Folder
- Open your “Dropbox” folder, and create a new folder to store recipes (you can call it Recipes, or Family Recipes, or something else to distinguish it). If you need help creating a folder, visit the Folders tutorial.
Adding Recipes to Folder
- If you already have your recipes types, move your recipes to the dropbox folder. If you have questions about organizing files into folders, view the tutorial.
- If you find a recipe online that you want to add, you can save it in the folder by saving it as a PDF.
Sharing and Collaborate Recipes
- You can make your recipe collection collaborative by sharing either the entire folder or subfolder (ie. Thanksgiving meals, or desserts) with friends.
Viewing on your iPhone / iPad
- Download the Dropbox application on your iPhone or iPad
- Open application, and log in if you haven’t already
- Find your “Recipes” folder
- Find the recipe you would like to view
- Tap to view it
Now you just need to make some apple pie!